EKOS™ Control Unit 4.0 (EKOS™ CU 4.0) offers new functionality and workflow-based intelligence for EKOS™ devices both at the procedure table and in the ICU. It is a critical part of the EKOS™ system that continues to break new ground in PE, DVT and PAO treatment.
EKOS™ CU 4.0 is the result of extensive collaboration with our clinician partners to improve every step of the EKOS™ therapy experience to support your team’s ability to perform at it’s highest level making workflow easier and more integrated from the lab to ICU.
New features of the EKOS™ CU 4.0 include an interactive color touchscreen, a built-in battery and separate ports for managing two EKOS™ devices simultaneously, simplifying bilateral treatment of pulmonary embolism (PE) and deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
Ordering your EKOS™ CU 4.0
- For US customers, click here for your procurement options
- For non-US customers, click here for your procurement options
- Note: Product availability varies by country. Caution: Federal (USA) law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician. Prior to use, please refer to the applicable Instructions for Use (IFU) for complete product indications, contraindications, warnings, and precautions.
Bilateral PE treatment, simplified
- Manages two EKOS™ Devices at once with A/B channels and easy-to-read screens for bilateral PE and DVT Acoustic Pulse Thrombolysis™ treatment.
- Small, lightweight and portable allowing easy integration into hospital workflow.
- Speeds set-up time with easy to follow on-screen step-by-step prompts.
- Intelligent on-screen trouble-shooting tells you where the issue is and how to correct it.
- Built in battery makes it easier to transport patients from the Lab with zero interruption in therapy.
- EKOS™ CU 4.0 will run all EKOS™ devices currently run by the PT-3B Control Unit.
Acoustic Pulse Thrombolysis™ Treatment
EKOS ™ CU 4.0 still uses the Acoustic Pulse Thrombolysis™ technology, it delivers the power to generate the acoustic pulse field to thin and separate the fibrin and drive the clot-dissolving drug deep inside the clot.
- Speeds time-to-clot dissolution.3
- Increases thrombus removal and clinical improvement compared to either standard, Catheter-Directed Therapy (CDT) or thrombectomy14,15
- Lowers the risk of bleeding and other complications.1,14
More Effective Drug Delivery
- Reduces dosage requirements by as much as 68% compared to standard, catheter-directed drug therapy.1
- Requires up to 4x less drug dosage than traditional systemic delivery. 4,5
- Reduces RV/LV ratio with as little as 8mg total tPA used in combination with EKOS™ therapy.19
Superior Clot Clearance 3,7
- 48% greater drug absorption within 1 hour. 16
- 84% greater drug absorption within 2 hours.16